Mountain Trek Cedar Planked Teriyaki Salmon
The right food combinations at the right time of day can create high energy and metabolic levels. Mountain Trek chefs and nutritionist together create meals that work, including this Mountain Trek Gluten Cedar Planked Teriyaki Salmon served to guests for dinner. This delicious recipe is perfect for a summer barbecue. Serve it for Father’s Day or a special occasion dinner. Leftovers are delicious served on top a cold salad.
- Untreated Cedar Plank (about 1-1/2 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches)
- 4 filets (4-5 oz.) Sockeye salmon with skins removed
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Black pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced citrus (lemons or oranges)
- Immerse the cedar plank in water for a few hours before using. Set a pot full of water on top to weigh it down. Remove, shake off excess water, and wipe down. Lightly oil the surface of the plank.
- Mix together the teriyaki ingredients.
- Place salmon filets on the oiled plank and spoon teriyaki glaze over them. Brush to coat.
- Thinly slice a lemon or orange and arrange on salmon.
- Preheat your barbeque grill, place plank onto the grill and cook on medium temperature until fish is firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
Mountain Trek has two beautiful locations to welcome guests who seek wellness adventures. The first is nestled above a pristine mountain lake in a private secluded setting in British Columbia, Canada, and the second is hosted at Rancho La Puerta, in Baja Mexico, North America’s longest running destination spa resort.
At Mountain Trek we care about your wellness and vitality, and this includes delicious, nutritious food. Under the guidance of our registered dietician, our approach to food is clear and simple. Healthy spa cuisine does not need to sacrifice flavour to save on calories. We believe in fresh, organic, healthy, power-packed – and delicious – meals and snacks.
We are delighted to share some of our guests’ favorite entrees with Spa Index readers and welcome you take a tour of our website to book your next wellness retreat.