Mixed Berry Super Smoothies
Besides tasting great, smoothies are an excellent way to get needed calcium that many women find so hard to get. They can be easily customized to add protein boosters and additional fibre. All in all, a treat that can’t be beat. Courtesy of Green Mountain at Fox Run, Vermont, from its “Recipes for Living” cookbook.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1/3 cup fat-free (skim) milk (optional)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all the ingredients in the blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour in tall glass; garnish with a fresh berry or sprig of mint and serve
Photo courtesy of Praisaeng