Mascarpone Sorbet Recipe
Mascarpone, while not fat-free, very low-carb cheese which can be made into this rich dessert, at 225 calories per serving. Serve with sliced strawberries and crumbled graham cracker crumbs for “frozen cheesecake.”
Courtesy of: Chef Mich'l Leviton, Lumiere, West Newton (Boston), Mass.
- 1 cup domestic Mascarpone
- 1 cup simple syrup (50/50 ratio)*
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, seeds retained.
- Combine ingredients well.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker's manufacturer’s directions.
We made our simple syrup with SPLENDA, and while it will not be quite as thick, you will achieve the same results as with thicker syrup. Use your favorite sweetener if you prefer a natural alternative.