Pritikin Lighter Hummus Dip
Next time you want to nibble on a healthy dip, skip the dairy based varieties which can pack on extra calories. This lighter but full-flavored version of hummus, a traditional Mediterranean dip, is a great source of of heart healthy mono-unsaturated fat and lean protein. It’s made without all the salt and extra calories from the usual ingredients of oil and tahini (what you often get in store-bought varieties), and comes together in mere minutes.
- 1 15-ounce can cooked garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- Blend all ingredients in food processor, blender or VitaMix.
- If the mixture is thicker than you like, add about 1 tablespoon of water.
- Serve with raw vegetables for dipping.
Photo by Daniela Spyropoulos for Spa Index Media