Kiwi on Snow
Chef Michel Stroot created this recipe for Golden Door Spa, Escondido, CA. Although Kiwi fruit are lovely in salads and as a garnish, they are not terribly interesting to us as far as flavor. We prefer fresh berries from our market. You can call it Berries on Snow, Cherries on Snow, or any fresh, sliced or dried fruit you like!
- 4 ounces of Neufchatel low-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded fresh coconut, lightly toasted
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 4-8 raspberries or small strawberries.
- In a food processor, blend cheeses, honey, and milk.
- Add liqueur, lemon juice and zest, and blend briefly.
- Spoon this creme into 4 shallow dessert dishes, preferably chilled.
- Divide and sprinkle toasted coconut over center of each dish of creme.
- Arrange sliced kiwi and berries over the coconut.
- Serve immediately.