Honey Vanilla Cheesecake with Apricot Orange Topping
This cheesecake recipe from Green Valley Spa in Utah is one of most requested recipes when we serve it to friends and guests. The base is lighter in texture than a traditional cream cheese type — it’s made with blended cottage cheese and yogurt. See note for cutting and serving.
Honey Vanilla Cheesecake with Apricot Orange Sauce
Courtesy of: Green Valley Spa, St. George, Utah
- 2 cups Barbara’s Cereal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 2/3 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 ounces plain fat free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon--grated zest
Apricot Orange Topping
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 4 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of gelatin
- Spray 10 inch spring form pan with pan spray.
- Blend cereal and cinnamon in processor. Add frozen orange juice concentrate until it sticks together. Press the crumb mixture firmly over bottom of the pan.
- Puree the cottage cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add honey, yogurt, eggs, egg white, cornstarch, vanilla, and lemon zest. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust and place in the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for about 1 hour or until set in the middle.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely.
- Add apricots to the boiling water and rehydrate. Add orange juice, honey and gelatin, and blend or process until smooth. Pour over chilled cheesecake.
Helpful Hint: This cheesecake cuts better if it is first frozen, then cut, then allowed to thaw.
By the Numbers
Serving size: 1 slice | Cal: 115 | Fat (g): 7 | Carbs (g): 22 | Sodium (mg): 190 | Protein (g): 7 | Chol (mg): 28