Belgian Hair Potion
“This hair potion is used on thick hair about once a week” says Beverly Hills stylist Kim Vo. “It helps reconstruct the hair and make it shiny while taking out excessive oils.”
- 1 orange -- juice and rind
- 2 oz avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon lavender oil
- 1 ounce thick hair conditioner
- Cut orange (with rind) in fourths and take out any seeds.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender on chop speed for 30 seconds.
- Shampoo and rinse hair as you'd normally do.
- Section hair into fourths from front to back, ear to ear.
- Brush the mixture on hair in each section, and then add any remaining mixture to hair as you would shampoo.
- Place plastic shower cap over hair and take a warm shower for 10 minutes to allow the steam to help mixture penetrate the hair shafts.
- Take shower cap off and rinse hair.
- Condition hair as usual.