Grilled Chicken with Peach Relish
This recipe for Grilled Chicken with Peach Relish uses up the last of your summer peaches (or nectarines), and contains zesty achiote paste, common in Yucatan and Oaxacan cuisine.
What can be better than all-natural and fresh ingredients in each and every meal? At Red Mountain Spa in Utah, you’ll explore many rich flavors and creative healthy cuisines from premier chefs. Red Mountain Spa educates its guests to increase their awareness of the role of nutrition in the pursuit of optimum health — and as part of that process, guests sit by the Chefs side as they prepare delightful meals at Adventure Cuisine and Canyon Breeze Restaurant.
- 1 tablespoon achiote (annato) paste
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz ea, preferably organic free-range)
- 1 cup Achiote orange marinade
- 4 tablespoons diced fresh peach
- 4 teaspoons diced red pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro or basil, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine peaches, red peppers, cilantro, red onions and raspberry vinegar; refrigerate until needed.
- Pre-heat grill, drain excess marinade from chicken and grill until done. Set aside to rest.
- Pre-heat saute pan, spray lightly with cooking spray or olive oil and when the pan just begins to smoke, saute the peach relish for approximately 1 minute.
- Serve chicken with 1-2 tablespoons hot relish spooned on top.