Green Bean Potato Salad
The bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables at Farmer’s Markets and Produce Stands makes it easy to select healthy and flavorful side dishes to accompany the sizzling steaks, chicken, and hamburgers of summer months. Banish the mayonnaise coated potato salad from your picnic table, and try this light, flavorful Green Bean and Red Potato Salad instead, courtesy of Green Mountain at Fox Run in Vermont.
- 1 pound small red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Boil or steam potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Steam or microwave green beans until crisp-tender (4- 5 minutes). Drain well.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and chopped onions.
- Add warm potatoes and green beans to oil-lemon mixture and toss.
- Add chopped herbs and lightly toss.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve.