Greek Ribbon Squash Salad
Isn’t this a beautiful salad? We found it browsing the McCormick’s website and thought it was a perfect Summer Spa Salad. Ribbons of summer squash are dressed in a Greek vinaigrette for an appealing summertime salad. For effortless, paper-thin squash ribbons, use a vegetable peeler or a mandolin. We enjoyed this salad with grilled Halloumi in place of the Feta, for an entree-salad.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Mint Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons quartered pitted Kalamata olives
- For the Vinaigrette, mix oil, lemon juice, vinegar and seasonings in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in feta cheese. Set aside.
- For the Salad, trim squash ends. Slice into ribbons with vegetable peeler or mandolin, discarding outside ribbons and core.
- To serve, place squash ribbons on each salad plate. Top with tomatoes, onion and olives. Serve with Vinaigrette on the side.