Grapefruit Jojoba Sugar Scrub
This simple grapefruit sugar scrub takes advantage of commonly available sugar as an exfoliant and the properties of Grapefruit Essential Oil (an astringent) and Jojoba Oil (skin conditioner).¬† The addition of Castile Soap helps to cleanse and rinse away the scrub.¬† You could easily add a tablespoon or two of grapefruit juice (fresh) if you happen to have it, or, a crushed grapefruit section from your breakfast, but be careful not to add too much or you’ll dissolve the sugar too quickly.
- 1-1/2 cups white table sugar
- 8 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 cup jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap
- Place sugar into a large bowl and stir to break up any clumps.
- Add the essential oil; add one or two drops of red food coloring if you'd like it pink.
- Mix very well to make sure the oil and color is evenly dispersed.
- Add the jojoba oil and Castile soap next, a little at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Mix well and the pour into clean container.
- To use, stand in the tub or shower and massage the sugar scrub onto your skin from head to toe (avoiding face); Rinse; Inhale; Smile.
photo credit: TheAlieness GiselaGiardino¬≤¬≥