Golden Door Spa Guacamole
This usually high fat appetizer reduces calories by using only a few avocados, but adding the characteristic bright green color with the addition of fresh peas. No flavor is sacrificed, but a few calories are!
- 2-1/2 ounces fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 ounce onions (2 tablespoons ), diced into small pieces
- 1 small tomato, diced into small pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped or shaved
- 3-1/4 ounces avocados (1 small avocado), stone and skin removed
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or lemon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 to 3 drops chili sauce, to taste
- Place fresh or frozen peas in boiling water and blanch just long enough to bring out bright green color.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, tomato, garlic, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In blender, pulse avocado pulp, blanched peas, nonfat yogurt, lime juice, and water.
- Add chili sauce to taste.
- Fold avocado mixture into onion / tomato / cilantro mixture.
- Chill. Serve with baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
Photo courtesy of Grant Cochrane