Gluten Free BBQ Chicken Pizza
This summery BBQ Chicken Pizza relies on prepared gluten free pizza crusts, however, it’s just as easy to make it with other light crusts for those who can tolerate wheat. For instance, two small whole wheat pita breads can stand in for the pizza crust, here, or a piece of whole wheat Naan bread.
- 2 Udi’s gluten free pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup ricotta filling
- 4 ounces reduced sugar GF BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup cooked grilled chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red onion
- Chopped cilantro, green onions, and micro greens, just enough to garnish.
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 7 ounces light ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a sauté pan heat to medium and spay with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the sliced onions and cook until you get a nice golden color. Stir repeatedly to avoid burning.
- In a mixing bowl add the filling ingredients and the warm onions. The warm onions help soften the ricotta and makes it easy to mix.
- After the filling is fully mixed use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out and place the scoop in the middle of the crust. Spread the filling to the edges of the crust.
- Add 2 ounces of BBQ Sauce to the center and spread on top of the ricotta.
- Top with 2 oz of cheese.
- Add a 1/4 cup of grilled chicken the pizza.
- Top with the tomatoes and onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Take the pizzas out of the oven cut into quarters and plate.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or micro greens or green onions to taste.
About Movara Fitness Resort
Movara is an all-inclusive fitness and weight loss resort in the beautiful high desert of Utah, near Snow Canyon State Park. Guest participate in swimming, hiking, fitness, personal training, and receive expert life counseling, nutritional guidance, and more. Movara’s newest recipes are developed by Executive Chef Sam Baker, who hand-crafts and prepares delicious and nutritious meals for Movara guests, and a team of dietitians, nutritionists, and other experts in the fitness world.