Lemon Cottage Cheese Pancakes
This is quite a simple recipe, shared with us by the chef of the former Coolfont Resort & Spa. It’s basically doctored pancake mix, so use either a natural grocer bought version, or, add the lemony ingredients to your own prepared mix. The result is a family approved pancake that won’t have anything thinking “cottage cheese.” Just “creamy goodness.” Delicious topped with crushed blueberries, which pair wonderfully with lemon.
- 4 each lemons, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon butter or low fat buttery spread, melted
- 1 cup dry low-fat or fat-free pancake mix
- Remove zest from lemons and chop or grate the zest fine.
- Juice the lemons and mix the juice with cottage cheese, egg yolk, lemon zest and melted butter or butter spread.
- Mix in dry ingredients (just enough to moisten; do not beat or over mix).
- Whip the egg white to stiff peaks and fold into the batter.
- Place dollops of batter on a hot griddle sprayed with cooking spray, and grill until golden on each side.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes © Sethislav