Dr. Haas Detoxifying Cinnamon Apple Cider
One of our favorite Autumn detox recipes from our good friend Dr. Elson Haas, America’s Detox Doc. Maple syrup is alkalizing for the body, an excellent substitute for white sugar. Ginger is a digestive cure and immune booster. Cardamom detoxifies and cleanses the system of toxins and harmful bacteria. Cinnamon contains high levels of iron, fiber, calcium and manganese, and is thought to prevent the accumulation of some fats.
- 2 cups organic apple cider
- ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ½ orange, sliced
- Fresh, peeled ginger slices
- Heat first five ingredients in saucepan over low heat.
- Place orange and ginger slices in mug.
- Pour hot cider into mug and serve hot.
- Serves 1.