Our esthetician experts say “If you can see your shadow, you need sunblock.” However, did you know the active ingredients in sunblock often dissipate after the season? You should always use a sunblock, but, don’t purchase it in bulk or save that last little bit in the bottle for the next season. Buy it fresh every season, or, make your own if you don’t have access to your favorite brand. Note: This recipe will give you a white nose “lifeguard style.”
- 1 tablespoons zinc oxide
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons rosewater
- Mix together the zinc oxide and sesame oil.
- Heat the mixture gently, using a double boiler, and stir well to mix.
- Remove from heat and slowly add the rosewater, as you continue stirring.
- Allow to cool completely, and store in a clean container with a tight lid, in the fridge.
First publication on Spa Index April 10, 2005