Orange Ginger Warming Foot Scrub
We have someone on staff who, when he’s not busy running our spa empire, he’s an amateur meteorologist. We recently said “Good morning!” and he replied “Not for anyone East of California. Did you know 66% of the country is under snow right now? 66%!” That’s a lot of cold feet. This warming foot scrub is great for the winter, and leaves your feet feeling soft and relaxed. The sugar exfoliates, the almond oil moisturizes, and the essential oils and cayenne pepper stimulate blood flow and warm the feet.
- 1/4 cup sugar (white or brown)
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 6 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 1 level teaspoon powdered cayenne pepper
- In a plastic bowl, mix together the sugar and almond oil. Add the essential oils and stir. Add the cayenne pepper last and stir well to mix.
- To use, sit comfortably in the tub or over a pan of water and/or a large towel to catch the sugar scrub as it is applied. Scoop up a handful of the scrub for each foot and massage vigorously yet with care over heels, ankles, toes, arches and the balls of your feet. Be sure to scrub any rough areas especially well. Rinse.