Mango Aloe Toner
Pick up an extra Mango at the fruit stand this summer, or set aside a few tablespoons before making your morning smoothie. Mango helps exfoliate the skin and aloe vera gel soothes and helps alleviate redness in the skin.
This recipe isn’t strictly a “toner” in the sense that we swab it on prior to using cosmetics or moisturizers. Rather, it tones, softens and exfoliates the skin while you sleep and is washed off in the morning. This is a particularly good mask for windburn after a day of hiking and climbing.
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons mango, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Puree the aloe vera gel, mango, and juice of one lime in a blender.
- Apply to your fact at night with a cotton pad.
- Wash off in the morning with cool water.
- Store remainder in a bottle in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Photo Courtesy of Sommai Free Digital Photos