DIY Lemon Lavender Bath Melts
These wonderfully moisturizing and aromatic Lemon Lavender Bath Melts are just the ticket for softening and soothing dry winter skin, which can be worsened with hot baths. Now you can enjoy a warm bath and a moisturizer in one. They look lovely in a jar and make great gifts in cool months. Substitute your favorite aromatics (rose petals, citrus peel and zest and herbs) for a lush and romantic blend.
- 57 grams Shea Butter
- 57 grams Mango Butter
- 113 grams Cocoa Butter Deodorized
- 6 grams White Beeswax
- 3 grams Lemon Peel Powder
- 2 grams Lemon Lavender Type Fragrance Oil
- Lavender Buds
- Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials.
- Wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
- Weigh out all of your butters and beeswax.
- Begin melting the butters and beeswax using the double boiler method. Heat until completely melted. Be careful not to get your oils too hot, or you can ruin them.
- Add your lemon peel powder and stick blend thoroughly. You want the herb to be completely incorporated throughout the entire melted mixture. This allows for your finished bath melts to have a nice consistent color.
- Add your fragrance oil and stir.
- Once blended, pour mixture into your molds.
- When the mold has set up to the point where there is an apparent film on the top, carefully sprinkle each mold with herbs.
- Once the mold is safe to move, place it in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Pop out the bath melts.
- Place one bath melt into the bath tub under warm running water. Only one bath melt is needed.
- Be Careful: Your bath tub will be slippery from the butters once the bath melt has melted.
Nature’s Garden Wholesale Candle and Soap Supplies provides quality ingredients online, or visit the store and sign up for a class!
42109 State Route 18, Wellington, OH 44090, 1-440-647-0100