Kiwi Astringent for Oily Skin
Kiwi is very mildly acidic and acts as an astringent for oily skin without being as drying as others. It also contains several skin friendly nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin E and antioxidants. These elements are terrific for boosting and rejuvenating skin health.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 ripe kiwi fruit, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Pour the boiling water over the mashed kiwi fruit in a heavy ceramic bowl and let sit until cool, which is about 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture well to remove all fruit solids.
- Add the vodka and stir.
- Apply to the skin with a clean cotton pad.
- You may rinse your face with cool water if you have sensitive skin.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 10 days.