Kiwi Astringent for Oily Skin
Kiwi is very mildly acidic and acts as an astringent for oily skin without being as drying as others. It also contains several skin-friendly nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin E and antioxidants. These elements are terrific for boosting and rejuvenating skin health.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 ripe kiwi fruit, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Pour the boiling water over the mashed kiwi fruit in a heavy ceramic bowl and let sit until cool, which is about 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture well to remove all fruit solids.
- Add the vodka and stir.
- Apply to the skin with a clean cotton pad.
- You may rinse your face with cool water if you have sensitive skin.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 10 days.