Chamomile Milk Bath – Cold Weather Skin Softener
This skin-softening Chamomile Milk Bath is a treat for dry, winter skin. The ingredients are almost always on hand, and if you keep powdered milk in a canister in the bathroom, you are only minutes away from a Cleopatra style bathing experience. The lactic acid in milk softens dry skin and encourages sloughing and the chamomile (as easy as tea bags!) soothes rough, reddened and wind burned skin. Try it after an Autumn or Winter sporting event.
- 4 cups fresh or powdered milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried chamomile or 5 chamomile tea bags
- 1-3 drops Chamomile Essential Oil (Optional)
- Steep chamomile or tea bags in water for 20 minutes. Strain liquid.
- Add Essential Oil, if using.
- Mix tea liquid with powdered milk and add to running bath water.