Pritikin was the first comprehensive lifestyle program in America, and after 39 years on the cutting edge of lifestyle science, we are still the longest-running, most successful program for reversing many of modern society’s health concerns, including weight, obesity, heart disease, sleep apnea, smoking, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
More than 100,000 people worldwide have come to Pritikin for one-week programs, two-week programs, or longer. For some, the primary goal is losing weight. Others want to prevent and address health issues. Still others seek the ultimate spa-health vacation.
Everyone leaves feeling better and, best of all – living better.
ALL INCLUSIVE RATES
Whether you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, are seeking a weight loss spa, or you are just looking for a healthy alternative to a resort vacation, Pritikin can help. With our all-inclusive programs, you will enjoy informative lectures, adopt a personalized fitness regime that works for you, and choose from an abundance of lifestyle activities ranging from hands on cooking classes, yoga to spinning, and Zumba, all within the tropical setting and lush landscaping of our beautiful grounds.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN A STAY?
Our programs begin each Sunday (although we also offer weekend retreats from time to time). The All-Inclusive Program Rates include:
- Lodging in Deluxe Guest Rooms
- Five meals and snacks daily
- Cooking School and Demonstrations
- Workshops and Classes
- Health Assessments
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Medication Review
- Private Consults with Physician
- Cardiometabolic Stress Test
- Blood Panels
- Personalized Fitness Plan for both Center and Home
- Orientation and Program Materials
- For Pritikin Living at Home, our chefs prepare gourmet meals and ship them overnight to homes nationwide. Our faculty also keeps in touch with our guests via one-on-one telephone counseling, our alumni newsletter Pritikin Perspective, and our website memberships.
A TYPICAL DAY
Guest registration typically begins on a Sunday afternoon, followed by a fun cooking class, a happy hour, and an orientation. For your first full day on Monday, this is a typical schedule, which will be customized for you. Fitness classes vary by your fitness level on arrival.
- Medical Evaluations begin
- Sunrise Stretch
- Morning Workout to Music
- Yoga and Aquatics
- Morning Snack
- Zumba Dancing
- Eating Strategy Seminar
- Fitness or Sleep Disorders Seminar
- Aquatics and Cooking School
- Afternoon Snack
- Blood Sugar / Diabetes Check
- Menu Planning Seminar
- Happy Hour with Guests
- Fitness Discussion or Evening Walk
I spent one week at Pritikin. I came in to get help with managing my diabetes, my blood pressure and gaining some cooking skills. I received help with all three. The program is well run. They regularly monitored my blood pressure and gave feed back on my diabetes since I opted to test my diabetes daily myself. There were daily cooking classes and I learnt how to better prepare meals to better take care of my overall health. At the end of the week I was pleasantly surprised that I had lost 6 pounds and one inch and wished I was staying for another week. The staff was very supportive and friendly.