Cucumber Papaya Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
This recipe for Cucumber Papaya Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is a guest favorite at the New Life Hiking Spa, a nationally recognized affordable destination spa located in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont. Chop the ingredients, dress quickly and let marinate for 30 minutes while you take a brisk walk, and come back to a delicious lunch.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled or un-peeled, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup diced dried papaya
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove chopped fresh garlic
- Coarse ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix, let sit for 1/2 hour and enjoy!
About New Life Hiking Spa:
Founded in 1978, and now celebrating 40 years of wellness hospitality, New Life Hiking Spa has been a pioneer in the destination spa industry and is nationally recognized as an affordable fitness and wellness destination. It offers seasonal hiking and weight-loss retreats in the Green Mountains of Vermont. All-inclusive stays include hiking, fitness, yoga, massage, accommodations, meals, and more.