Cucumber Mint Salad with Chives and Sesame
This is a beautiful spring salad with fresh, bright, green flavors. It can be customized any number of ways by substituting your favorite herbs. It’s a wonderful side salad for a spa party or reception. Don’t make it too far ahead, however — the cucumber ribbons tend to wilt after a time.
- 1 large cucumber, chilled
- 1 sprig of mint
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 drops sesame oil
- Wash and dry a large cucumber, and shave it into ribbons on a mandolin. Pat the ribbons dry as you work.
- Tear a sprig of mint into small pieces.
- Whisk a few drops of sesame oil into rice wine vinegar.
- Toss cucumber with vinegar, mint leaves, seeds, and chives
- Serve immediately
Photo credit: Apolonia