Quick Cucumber Eye Soother
Need to de puff your eyes in a hurry? You could purchase a $12.00 bottle of cucumber-lookalike eye pads infused with extract and then kicked up with a list of chemicals — or you can simply use a real cucumber. Even if you purchased and used a fresh cucumber each week, it would take quite a long time before you spent $12.00 on this simple and soothing treatment to calm and sooth your eyes. Say, why do we see cucumbers on eyes for so many spa treatments?
Because the fresh extracts from cucumbers have been shown to have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and they are rich in Vitamin C, which is excellent for the skin, but in cucumbers, it is gentle enough to be ideal for a quick eye treatment.
- 2 wafer thin slices of cucumber
- 1 warm, damp, clean washcloth
- While reclining in the tub (and perhaps while using our
- Quick Cucumber Parsley Facial) place one cucumber slice over each eye.
- Cover your eyes with a damp, only slightly warm (or cool if you prefer) washcloth to hold slices in place and relax for 10 minutes.
- Fine lines will smooth out and your eyes will feel refreshed and soothed, preparing you for a night's rest.