Cranberry Orange Muffins
Heartland Health Spa’s Chef Barb Peters and registered dietitian are committed to providing you with a maximum level of nutrition, presented in delicious and satisfying ways. The Heartland Spa Recipe Collection is available for purchase (Call 1-800-545-HTLD). Heartland would also like to offer you some recipes to try while you’re waiting for your Recipe Collection to be delivered, including this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine rind, juice, oil, and egg in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until the muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.