Chocolate Dipped Rice Cakes
This dessert is so simple, and isn’t restricted to the holidays. With just three ingredients (and sometimes 2) you can have a crunch, sweet, low-fat treat. Use your favorite rice cake or puffed corn cake, melt semi-sweet good quality chocolate chips (or your favorite carob or peanut butter chips), add a drop of two of extract if desired, and you’ve got a light, satisfying dessert.
- 6 Rice Cakes - or - Puffed Corn Cakes
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips -or- Peanut Butter Chips
- Optional: Extracts of Choice
- Optional: Sea Salt
- Melt the chips over low heat in a double boiler, or, gently melt in your microwave, watching carefully and stirring often, in 10 second increments, until smooth.
- Add 1-2 drops of extract, if any, and stir until blended.
- Pour melted chocolate in a shallow dish.
- Spread wax paper or parchment on a cookie sheet.
- Dip the rice cakes in the melted chocolate and place chocolate-side up on the wax covered cookie sheet. A silicone brush is useful for getting chocolate into nooks and crannies.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Put cookie sheet in the fridge to firm up the chocolate.
- Store in individual wax sandwich bags after chocolate is firm.
Chocolate Peanut: Use equal portions of chocolate and peanut butter chips
Chocolate Orange: Chips + 1-2 drops Pure Orange Extract
Chocolate Almond: Chips + 1-2 drops Pure Almond Extract
Chocolate Mint: Chips + 1-2 drops of Mint Extract
Chocolate Coconut: Chips + 1-2 drops of Coconut Extract
Chocolate Rum: Chips + 1-2 drops Rum Extract
Bluth Cakes: Chips + 1-2 drops of Banana Extract + chopped Almonds
Photo courtesy of Mr. GC