Chocolate Cherry Almond Bark
Chocolate. I know I am not alone in my feelings when it comes to this much coveted delight. The question is, how do we indulge this guilty pleasure without sinning too much? The secret is in the quality and purity of the ingredients we choose that will determine its benefits and pleasure.
I believe I have come up with the perfect recipe which combines all the health-giving benefits of this food without sacrificing taste or pleasure. This raw cacao bark is very low carb and is sweetened with stevia powder or agave. The ingredients are few and the recipe very fast and easy. Enjoy and indulge your passion for chocolate the healthy way! Marian Tobin-Hardy, Naturally Well By The Sea Health Retreat, Florida
- 1 cup cacao butter or coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 2 drops organic orange essential oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons agave (or “Sweet Leaf” stevia powder to desired sweetness)
- 4 tablespoons organic raw cacao powder
- ¾ cup crushed almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Melt cacao butter or coconut oil to liquid state.
- Add vanilla extract, orange essential oil, salt and agave into the oil and mix well.
- Fold cacao powder into the mixture until well incorporated.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread crushed almonds and cherries evenly over the surface.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over nuts and cherries to coat evenly.
- Place in the freezer until firm and fixed. Break into pieces and store in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator or freezer.