Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal Recipe
The Pritikin Eating Plan recommends and incorporates the healthiest food choices — but “healthy” does not have to mean “blah!” — like with this healthy brownie recipe. This plan has been roven in more than 100 peer-reviewed studies to have life-saving benefits like lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, you aren’t losing your mind while losing weight, there’s no calorie counting, no hunger. Just plenty of healthy, whole foods deliciously prepared, like this recipe.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats cooked with 1.5 cups of water
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (raw, unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk (non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- Cook the oats with 1.5 cups of water until the oats are fluffy and all the water has disappeared (I do this by cooking it for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring, and cooking it for 2 more minutes.)
- Add the cocoa powder and cinnamon to the cooked oats while they are still hot.
- Stir until everything is fully combined, and your oats have a deep chocolatey color.
- Add the walnuts, and the milk (you can add as much milk as you like – I use about 1/2 a cup to give the oats a nice creamy consistency)
- Add the splenda and stir to combine until the oats have the consistency you like. If you’re using blueberries, add them in now.
- Enjoy the chocolatey brownie goodness of the oatmeal.
Read why we don't include calorie counts for many Pritikin Recipes
The Pritikin Eating Plan is proven in more than 100 peer-reviewed studies to have life-saving benefits like lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, you aren’t losing your mind while losing weight. There’s no calorie counting, no hunger. Just plenty of healthy, whole foods deliciously prepared, like the recipes shared with Spa Index. Pritikin was the first comprehensive lifestyle program in America, and after 39 years on the cutting edge of lifestyle science, we are still the longest-running, most successful program for reversing many of modern society’s health concerns, including obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. More than 100,000 people worldwide have come to Pritikin Longevity Center, in Miami Florida, for one-week programs, two-week programs, or longer. For some, the primary goal is losing weight. Others want to prevent and address health issues. Still others seek the ultimate spa-health vacation. Everyone leaves feeling better and, best of all – living better.