Rancho La Puerta Chilled Cucumber Soup
Cucumber Soup is a quintessential menu item for a Spring spa party, reception, or to take to work when it’s overly warm outside. This version has creamy avocado so you feel just a bit more sated than you would without it. You’ll always feel refreshed after eating this cool soup.
- 1 lb. cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium Haas avocados
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup carrot, finely diced
- ¾ cup jicama, finely diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh dill weed, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender cup or processor bowl, combine the cucumber, avocado and the broth.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.