Chicken with Lemon and Prosciutto
This is a perfect entree for both a single person and a family because it’s just as easy to make a serving for one, as it is for many.
Spa Index Chicken with Lemon and Prosciutto
This recipe can easily be enlarged for many. This recipe is for one person.
Courtesy of: Spa Index Kitchens
- 1 chicken cutlet
- 1 pat of butter substitute -or- olive oil
- 2-3 slices of lemon
- 1 slice of prosciutto
- salt and pepper
- Pound chicken breast to a pleasing thickness. We prefer very thin.
- Ribbon a slice of Serrano ham or prosciutto across the breast, being certain to leave some ruffled edges (e.g., don't layer it so the breast is completely covered) so that your other toppings may get to the chicken as well.
- Dab one pat of butter, plus salt and pepper, over the chicken
- OR, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Top with very thin slices of lemon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes to get a crispy brown done-ness and to caramelize the lemons, or less if it is to your liking.
- At the last minute or two, switch to broil to get the top bubbly and browned. Reduce and spoon any pan juices over the chicken and serve with a vegetable which may have been roasting along side.
By the Numbers
Serving size: 1 | Cal: 181 | Fat (g): 9 | Sat Fat (g): 5 | Carbs (g): 3 | Sodium (mg): 424 | Fiber (g): 1 | Protein (g): 21 | Chol (mg): 69