Chicken Salad with Spinach and Pasta
This recipe for Chicken Salad with Spinach and Pasta is a guest favorite at the New Life Hiking Spa, a nationally recognized affordable destination spa located in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont. Known for it’s exhilarating hiking program, delicious healthy meals, and a comfortable country inn atmosphere, New Life is truly a unique vacation experience.
Whether your goal is to get outside and hike, lose weight, get back on track physically, de-stress mentally, meet new people with similar interests, or to get together with an old friend or family, New life offers a wide range of activities to help you reach your next level of physical and emotional wellness. Single men and women, couples, mothers-daughters, father-sons, siblings, small groups and more will find a friendly supportive environment for their mind-body tune up.
- 6 oz. pasta twists or tubes
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (or use peanuts, see note)
- 1/2 cup light sesame or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cold, shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 8 cups lightly packed torn fresh spinach (2 bunches)
- Boil pasta, drain. Set aside to cool.
- Saute sesame seeds in ¼ cup oil in fry pan, stirring until golden.
- Remove seeds and set aside to cool, but leave oil in pan.
- To the pan, stir in remaining oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar or honey and pepper.
- Warm the sauce, and add the cooled seeds back to the sauce.
- Pour sesame sauce over cooked, cooled pasta
- Add shredded chicken and toss lightly.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, add parsley, onions and torn spinach.
- Toss gently again.
About New Life Hiking Spa:
Founded in 1978, and now celebrating 40 years of wellness hospitality, New Life Hiking Spa has been a pioneer in the destination spa industry and is nationally recognized as an affordable fitness and wellness destination. It offers seasonal hiking and weight-loss retreats in the Green Mountains of Vermont. All-inclusive stays include hiking, fitness, yoga, massage, accommodations, meals, and more.