Canyon Ranch Chicken Asparagus Sandwich
The next time you are stuck for sandwich ideas for your brown bag lunch, assemble this fresh tasting Canyon Ranch Chicken Asparagus Sandwich from leftover ingredients you probably had for supper — roasted chicken, asparagus, and tomatoes from a salad perhaps. Set just a few portions aside to be sure you have leftovers for this sandwich. If isn’t grilling season, just substitute oven roasted chicken breast, or, breast torn from a grocer’s rotisserie chicken. It’s also delicious with grilled leftover salmon.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup low fat sour cream
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tomato, sliced, or a few cherry tomatoes
- 12 asparagus spears, blanched
- Basil Leaves
- 4 slices rye bread
- Preheat grill.
- Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, lemon juice and Dijon mustard and mix well.
- Toast rye bread.
- Place one cooked chicken breast on top of toasted rye bread. Top with 3 spears asparagus, 1 slice of tomato (or a few sliced cherry tomatoes), a few basil leaves, and 1½ tablespoons mustard sauce.
9 g, fiber 4 g, cholesterol 87 mg.