Carrot Orange Soup – Grail Springs Retreat
This Orange Carrot Soup is a snap to make, totes well to work in a thermos, and is both sweet and savory thanks to carrots, orange juice, and curry powder. Experiment with other spices if you prefer Latin flavors (cumin is wonderful in place of curry). A perfect Autumn and Winter recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 6 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup organic or fresh pressed orange juice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 - 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup organic plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup cashew nuts, roasted, chopped
- Heat oil in saucepan over a medium heat. Add leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes until golden.
- In a large saucepan, add carrots, curry powder, lemon rind, organic orange juice, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool soup base slightly, and puree.
- Return soup base to saucepan and add coconut milk. Reheat for 4 or 5 minutes or until hot.
- Serve soup topped with yogurt, nuts and mint.