Caprese Eggs Benedict | Movara Fitness Resort
If you are an Eggs Benedict fan, you will love this healthier version with a winning Italian caprese flavor profile, courtesy of the Executive Chef Sam Baker of Movara Fitness Resort in Utah. Serve it for a Spa Sunday Brunch! Sign up for the Movara Newsletter to enjoy tasty and nutritious recipes every month.
- 1 English muffin
- 2 poached eggs
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices pancetta
- ½ oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- Pesto Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using your favorite recipe, set two eggs to poaching, and make the Hollandaise.
- Using a double boiler melt butter and slowly whisk in egg yolks.
- Add milk, vinegar and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a low simmer to thicken -- about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast English muffin, and place 1 slice of pancetta on each half.
- Top pancetta with a poached egg, 2 slices of tomato and 1 slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Spoon 1/2 oz of the Hollandaise over the stack.
- Drizzle on a little bit of your favorite pesto.
About Movara Fitness Resort
Movara is an all-inclusive fitness and weight loss resort in the beautiful high desert of Utah, near Snow Canyon State Park. Guest participate in swimming, hiking, fitness, personal training, and receive expert life counseling, nutritional guidance, and more. Movara’s recipes are developed by Executive Chef Sam Baker, who hand-crafts and prepares delicious and nutritious meals for Movara guests, and a team of dietitians, nutritionists, and other experts in the fitness world.