Calming Herbal Bath
The combination of sage, rosemary and parsley are calming; the oatmeal is good for itchy or irritated skin. Together, this bath blend will sooth irritated skin from athletics, exercise, winter weather or vigorous activities. In addition, the rosemary alleviates mental fatigue, the sage treats loss of concentration, the parsley is a stimulant, and the salt alleviates light-headedness.
- 1/4 cup dried, crumbled sage
- 1/4 cup dried, crumbled rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of coarse bath crystals
- Grind all the ingredients together in a small mill or blender.
- Secure in a muslin or cheesecloth bag, and tie so that your "bath bag" hangs directly beneath your flowing bath tap.
- If you don't have a muslin bag or cheesecloth, see if you've got a mesh "gift favor" bag which you probably received with a gift, jewelry, etc. They usually have a drawstring top with ribbon -- perfect for affixing to the tap.
- Fill your bath with warm water and let it flow through and steep the herb