Calming Creamy Tumeric Tea
Dr. Sanjay Gupta drinks a creamy cup of turmeric tea every night to help calm his nerves, but the benefits of this colorful drink don’t end there: A recent study suggests that curcumin, a brain-boosting chemical in turmeric, could help slow the progression of Alzheimer’s by helping hippocampal brain cells grow.
- 1 cup almond milk (or dairy, or coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- 1/2 cinnamon or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash of Cayenne
- Heat the almond milk in a microwave or stove top
- Stir in the spices to blend
- Drizzle the honey on top.
- Expect some sediment from the cinnamon to occur. Stir frequently. Enjoy!
Photo (c) Mark's Daily Apple. Mark says:
"Creamy Mug of Warming Deliciousness” is more accurate. It just plain feels good to drink this slightly sweet, slightly spicy blend of heated almond (or coconut) milk, turmeric, ginger, cayenne and honey. Turmeric tea will perk you up in the morning, calm you down at night and soothe sniffles and sore throats. It’s also a really pleasant way to end a meal."