Braised Beef with Green Beans | Movara Fitness Resort
This lower fat but rich and hearty meal of Braised Beef with Green Beans and Butternut Squash is perfect after a long day spent hiking and biking. The butternut squash “noodles” are sweet and creamy and the green beans from your summer garden or produce stand are crisp and fresh tasting. This recipe is courtesy of the Executive Chef Sam Baker of Movara Fitness Resort in Utah. Sign up for the Movara Newsletter to enjoy tasty and nutritious recipes every month.
- 1 T. grapeseed oil
- 4 C. Sliced Crimini mushrooms
- 2 C. yellow onion diced
- 3 C. Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 ½ C. Sherry cooking wine
- 2 C. beef stock
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 16 oz. top sirloin
- 8 C. Butternut squash
- 4 Servings Green Beans
- 4 Servings of Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Heat a medium sauce pan on medium heat. Add in oil, mushrooms and onions and sauté for 6-9 minutes or until mushrooms begin to sweat. Next add tomatoes, sherry, beef stock, and thyme. Bring to a low simmer.
- Slice top sirloin into quarter inch strips, add to braising liquid, cover and let simmer on very low heat for 2 ½ -3 hours. Stir occasionally. If sauce is reducing too quickly, reduce heat. You can also add more beef stock or sherry.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a mandolin or spiralizer "noodle maker" cut butternut squash into noodles.
- Steam or boil noodle squash until al dente.
- Plate 4 servings with squash, beef, and serve with steamed green beans dressed with Pumpkin Seed Pesto.
About Movara Fitness Resort
Movara is an all-inclusive fitness and weight loss resort in the beautiful high desert of Utah, near Snow Canyon State Park. Guest participate in swimming, hiking, fitness, personal training, and receive expert life counseling, nutritional guidance, and more. Movara’s recipes are developed by Executive Chef Sam Baker, who hand-crafts and prepares delicious and nutritious meals for Movara guests, and a team of dietitians, nutritionists, and other experts in the fitness world.