Blueberry Orange Honey Syrup
When blueberries are in season, stock up on these super food beauties, good for just about everything you have — skin, body, and health. You can make fresh blueberry recipes all summer, but you can also freeze your berries to have fresh flavor all year. This syrup has no refined sugars. It relies on ripe berries, honey, and the natural sweetness of the orange, so it’s important to use good fruit. This Blueberry Orange Honey Syrup is splendid on French Toast, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, as a dip for fruit, and even as an add-in flavor booster for a morning smoothie.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- In a medium heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, watching carefully.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cool slightly.
- Transfer the syrup to a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth.