Bleu Cheese and Cherry Stuffed Endive – Skyterra Recipe
Bleu Cheese and Cherry Stuffed Endive is a delicious seasonal finger food which makes a bright and lovely appetizer for any lunch or dinner. Skip ordinary cheese and crackers and use crisp, leafy endives for a plant-based pre-meal platter instead. Smoked bleu cheese adds gentle complexity to the natural sweetness of dried cherries, but plain high-quality bleu cheese works well too.
- 2 endives
- 1/4 lb smoked bleu cheese
- 1 cup no-sugar-added dried cherries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Remove eight large outer leaves from the endives. Reserve the rest for garnish.
- In a small bowl, mix the bleu cheese, cherries, walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Scoop goat cheese mixture into endive leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and serve on a bed of shredded endives.
Lindsay Ford received her B.S. in Exercise Science and her M.S. in Science from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. She is a Registered Dietician at Skyterra Wellness Retreat & Weight Loss Spa near Lake Toxaway, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. Skyterra offers an all-inclusive weight loss and fitness program in this beautiful mountain and lake setting. Guests explore sustainable foundations of good health, sound nutrition, and mindful well-being, and enjoy daily fitness, outdoor adventures, water sports, farm-to-fork cuisine, massage, educational classes, and more.