Biggest Loser Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
Biggest Loser Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin is a lean entree with white pork roasted in honey, cumin, cinnamon and savory spices.
Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
Courtesy of: Biggest Loser Resorts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/4 lbs) trimmed of visible fat
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot-pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly mist a small roasting pan or ovenproof skillet with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, cinnamon, salt, black pepper, allspice, garlic powder, and chipotle pepper.
- Rub the pork tenderloin evenly with the olive oil and then rub evenly with the spice mixture until coated.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey, garlic, and hot-pepper sauce. Whisk to mix. Set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it.
- With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray.
- Place the pork in the pan. Cook for 1 minute per side, or until browned on all sides. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- With a basting brush, evenly coat the pork tenderloin with the reserved honey mixture.
- Roast the tenderloin in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 160°F and the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cover the pork loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board. Holding a knife at a 45° angle, cut into thin slices. Serve your pork tenderloin immediately.
By the Numbers
| Cal: 221 | Fat (g): 6 | Sat Fat (g): 2 | Carbs (g): 10 | Sodium (mg): 375 | Protein (g): 30 | Chol (mg): 92