Biggest Loser Sesame Asparagus
Just after Biggest Loser Chef Devin Alexander wrote “The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook,” she had a few of the contestants over for dinner to enjoy some of the Asian takeout favorites from the book. “After planning the menu,” she says, “I went to the grocery store. The asparagus looked amazing and happened to be on sale, so I threw together this dish at the last minute to serve with the other Asian dishes. It was such a hit that all of the contestants wanted the recipe – so I figured you would, too!“
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed (about 1-1/2 pounds after trimming)
- 1 tablespoon all-natural low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons roasted or toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- In a large glass or plastic bowl, toss the asparagus, soy sauce and oil until the asparagus is lightly coated.
- Lay the spears side by side on the prepared baking sheet (it's okay if they don't fit in a single layer).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp-tender, rotating halfway through.
- Transfer the spears to a serving platter and pour any liquid remaining in the pan over them.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.