Biggest Loser Sashimi Tuna Salad
This light, refreshing, and protein-rich Biggest Loser Sashimi Tuna Salad is perfect for a spa lunch. Make sure the tuna you purchase is extra fresh. It should be bright red, with no discoloration. If it doesn’t seem fresh at the fish counter, check the sushi area — it’s worth a bit more to buy sashimi grade tuna for its fresh flavor and vibrant color.
- 4 cups loosely packed mixed greens
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut in half horizontally
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper slivers
- 1/r cup red onion slivers
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added Japanese salad dressing (see note)
- 4 ounces sashimi or sushi-grade ahi tuna, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons finely cut dried seaweed
- Add the mixed greens, snow peas, bell peppers, and onion to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss until well combined.
- Mound the salad onto a serving plate.
- Top with cubes of tuna evenly around the bare edges.
- Garnish with seaweed, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
NBC’s BIGGEST LOSER program is conducted at the Biggest Loser Resorts, Utah. Adapted from The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook by Chef Devin Alexander and The Biggest Loser Experts and Cast with Melissa Roberson. Copyright © 2011 by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP, . Reprinted by permission of Biggest Loser Resort.