Biggest Loser Salmon Burger
Try this recipe for Biggest Loser Salmon Burger with canned or fresh salmon or even tuna (yes!) — formed into a savory patty. It’s a wonderful seafood sandwich best served with a crunchy vegetable salad and a small bowl of fruit.
- 1 pound salmon or 2 cups
- ½ cup roasted peppers, diced small
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegannaise
- 6 tablespoons nayonaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup oats, rolled
- 1 egg, large
- 4 Orowheat sandwich thins or 4 small whole wheat buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake salmon for about 18 minutes or until cooked.
- Place cooked salmon in mixing bowl and shred with fork.
- Fold in all ingredients and mix well.
- Make ½ cup sized patties with the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until hot in the middle.
- Serve on a hamburger bun with sliced tomato and lettuce leaves.
NBC’s BIGGEST LOSER
Excerpted from various sources including The Biggest Loser Cookbook and Cheryl Forberg, RD, the author of The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps: 100 Easy Changes to Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle; Jennie-O Turkey Store; Biggest Loser Families; and executive chef Cameron Payne of Biggest Loser Resorts