Biggest Loser Pumpkin Creme Brulee
This healthy and delicious holiday Pumpkin Crème Brulee recipe is courtesy of Executive Chef Cameron Payne of Biggest Loser Resort. Pumpkin is a nutritional superstar, of course. It is high in fiber and low in calories, packs an abundance of disease-fighting nutrients, including potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and vitamins C and E. Mori Nu pudding mix a popular product which, when mixed with silken tofu, makes a creamy, low fat and healthy pudding dessert.
Here, though, Chef Payne puts it to use to make a creamy base for his creme brulee recipe. Mori Nu is available in many grocery stores (we’ve found it in the both Asian foods aisle and the organic health food aisle), but if you don’t spot it, you’ll find it on Amazon.
- 1 -1/4 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package Mori Nu vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated cane sugar
- In a mixing bowl add the first 6 ingredients thoroughly.
- Then split between 6 ramekins (3 oz each).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Add ½ teaspoon cane sugar to each ramekin.
- Torch the sugar to caramelize. Enjoy!