Biggest Loser Indian Chicken Salad Pockets
Biggest Loser Chef Devin Alexander is a big fan of mixing low-fat mayonnaise with stronger flavors to give it the richness of a full-fat mayonnaise. Here, she’s coupled low-fat mayo with curry paste, which is found in the international aisle in most major grocery stores. Just be sure you don’t go crazy with these pastes in other dishes—most are insanely full of fat and sodium. But they also have very strong flavor, so in a dish like this where 1/2 teaspoon does it.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry paste
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) chopped grilled chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seeded, chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 whole-wheat pita (6 1/2" diameter), cut in half
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, and curry paste. Whisk to blend.
- Add the chicken, cucumber, and onion. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the pita halves. Add the lettuce.
- Serve your Indian chicken salad pockets immediately.
NBC’s BIGGEST LOSER program is conducted at the Biggest Loser Resorts, Utah. Excerpted from various sources including The Biggest Loser Cookbook and Cheryl Forberg, RD, the author of The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps: 100 Easy Changes to Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle. (Rodale 2009); Jennie-O Turkey Store; and Biggest Loser Resorts