Biggest Loser Asian Salmon Burger
This salmon patty recipe combines diced skinless salmon with classic Asian flavors and Dijon, grilled to perfection. It’s wonderful on its own as an entree, but also can be served as a burger on a whole wheat bun on in a pita pocket.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly coat rack with the olive oil cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse salmon cubes just enough to grind coarsely.
- Transfer salmon to a large bowl and mix in: Dijon mustard, lime zest, ginger, cilantro, soy sauce and coriander.
- Form salmon into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill burgers, turning once, until done, 4 minutes on each side for medium.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges, and pickled ginger slices.
- Shown with a whole wheat bun (not counted in calories).
NBC’s BIGGEST LOSER program is conducted at the Biggest Loser Resorts, Utah. Excerpted from various sources including The Biggest Loser Cookbook and Cheryl Forberg, RD, the author of The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps: 100 Easy Changes to Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle; Jennie-O Turkey Store; Biggest Loser Family Cookbook; and Biggest Loser Resorts