Beet and Orange Salad
Here is a delicious and vibrant recipe for Beet and Orange Salad from our vegetarian menu at the Cliffs of Moher Retreat. It’s one of the popular entrees with guests. This retreat is set against the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean, the Cliffs of Moher and the beautiful countryside of County Clare, Ireland. We are located on the west coast of Ireland and Europe just about the mid-point of The Wild Atlantic Way, a 400 Kilometre stretch along the Ireland’s rugged western coastline.
- 2 large beetroot, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Handful of baby mint leaves
- Walnuts or Sunflower Seeds
- Combine all prepared salad ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Make the dressing, tasting it before adding to the bowl. Toss.
- Add the mint leaves, nuts and seeds in last, and serve immediately.