Apricot Kale Smoothie
The Ranch at Live Oak Malibu assists guests in recalibrating their mind, body and spirit through an intensive week long endurance, wellness and nutrition program. Located three miles above the Pacific Ocean in the Santa Monica Mountains, the 15-cottage retreat is beautifully situated on a large working ranch. The open-air kitchen at The Ranch makes meal time a communal experience. Guests are encouraged to join the Chef during his weekly cooking class to learn the basic techniques and skills required to create a healthy plate. These lessons are reinforced when guests return home with regular communication from The Ranch, including seasonal recipes and tips for maintaining results, like this Apricot Kale Smoothie.
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seed
- 2 cups lightly packed Kale
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup Blueberries (use more or frozen for a more purple color)
- 2 whole Apricots pitted and cut in quarters
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1 Serving Protein Powder (Optional -- the Ranch uses plain Brown Rice Protein)
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a high quality blender.
- Serve immediately. Do not store.