Apple Endive Salad
I just love the autumn flavors of fresh, crisp apples, walnuts and endive mixed with some delicious Gorgonzola cheese. Toss this salad with some greens for a holiday salad or add some turkey from Thanksgiving for a scrumptious lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Napa Valley Meritage seasoning
- 3 heads of Endive lettuce (best price at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 small red apple, diced with skin left on
- 5 walnut halves, chopped, about a half an ounce
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 cups of lettuce (Arugula, Romaine, or Butter Leaf)
- 9 ounces shredded or cubed cooked turkey
- Mix the salad dressing with all the ingredients together except for the greens. Toss some salt and pepper in to taste. Let the flavors mingle for about 5 minutes; then add the greens.
- It’s that simple! You are ready to enjoy a delicious autumn flavored lunch or dinner.
Paula Hendricks is a Certified Nutritionist with Hendricks for Health, a bariatric health center in Sacramento, California.